10.10.2013

Disturbing The Peace


What was supposed to be a lazy day dedicated to homework and blogging, ended up being me abruptly woken up at 9 AM to the sound of my sister, niece, and aunt banging on the front door.  Rest assure their wake-up call had merit, as they were hoping to raid my closet for their photo-shoot.  The photo-shoot was dedicated to documenting the progress of their weight-loss after 120 days.  I, of course, did what any normal human being would do in that situation - and told them to go home and slammed the door in their faces.  After realizing they weren't leaving and heavily contemplating the thought of calling the police to report domestic disturbance, I succumbed to their persistence and let them in.  Ah, but hindsight is 20/20 and little did I know I'd be forced to be the stylist, MUA, hairstylist, and photographer for this shoot -___-

Nonetheless, it was a good day.  Maybe even a great one.  I am blessed to be a part of this experience with my close family members as they commit themselves to living a healthier lifestyle.  I cannot put into words how proud and in awe I am of the progress they have made because of their relentless tenacity to make a change.  I truly enjoyed playing dress up with the 'big girls'.  I never thought this day would come, being as the role was always reversed growing up.  I couldn't be happier for them!  Afterall, what is more inspiring than accounting for our success with direct physical results?

Ava thought it was awesome that they had unintentionally worn the "same sweater"
Came downstairs to my roommate and niece having a planking contest LOL.  I guess the fit craze is hitting everyone. 
My beautiful Aunt Kelly!  And Ava in her natural element - photobombing.  
My beautiful sister Pang!  Aka Pangcakes :)

No comments: