1.08.2014

Out With The Old

2013 ended with a successful school term, an amazing Christmas, my baby sister coming home after 4 months of touring Asia, and a promotion at work!  2014 started with a boisterous NYE with my very best friends, the successful execution of my boyfriend's surprise 28th birthday party, and a new found impulsion to conquer every day more so than the one it preceded.  I must say it has been an easy start to a new beginning.  And while the illusion of a 'refresh' button that appears every January 1st doesn't compel me to onset change or resolution; a new chapter in my life with school, work, and love certainly do. Emerging science about brain development suggests the prefrontal cortex, responsible for executive function, doesn't fully develop until age 25.  In layman terms, you make better decisions at the quarter century mark.  So I guess this is my year as a statistic - minus the decision to have chicken fajitas and ice cream for breakfast this morning. Anyhow, wishing you all wealth, health, & happiness as you commence or continue your ongoing journeys!

Here are some of my favorite items collected so far in the new year:





Necklace: Zara | Sweatshirt: H&M | Socks & Wallet: gifts from China | watch: Diesel | Tee: F21 Mens

No comments: