2.19.2016

DIY: BRIDESMAID PROPOSAL BOXES

For anyone who follows me on social media, you’re probably already aware that Tommy and I got engaged this past December while we were in Thailand!  Our trip to Asia is an overdue post, but I hope to find some time to share our experiences from that soon. That being said, this is such a special time in my life for said reasons and more!  There will be no shortage of laborious days ahead and for that reason; I’ve decided to document the events leading up to the wedding. The first being the bridesmaid proposals!

Like any fanatical bride-to-be, I wanted to find a creative way to make my bridesmaid proposals simple, yet intimate for each one of my girls.  As those closest to me already know, I take the art of ‘gift-giving’ (yes, it’s considered an ‘art’ to me) very seriously. Every detail that went into these proposal gifts – from the color of the boxes to the filler inside was conceived through spiritual mediation where several good friends of mine lost their lives (RIP Moscato, Pinor Noir, Chardonnay, and the $5 wine from Sams Club whose name I forget).  

Choosing my bridesmaids will be the second easiest decision I will make throughout this wedding planning process (the first was saying ‘yes’ to Tommy).  The girls I chose are the sweetest, smartest, and funniest girls I know and while they are 4 of my closest friends/family members, they have also been exceptionally active in coming to know and love Tommy the last 4 years we’ve been together.  I cannot describe in words the extent of my excitement to have had them all say ‘yes’ (nevermind that snipers were on standby in the case that any of them said 'no').  To avoid overkill, I only snapped photos of a couple of the boxes, though they were all synonymous.  Scroll down for photos & details!







Details:
Will You Be My Bridesmaid Proposal:
FREE Printable c/o SomethingTurquoise
Candles: Target
Poloroids: Polabora (Love this site!  6 prints for only $5 USD and FREE shipping!  Takes about 3 weeks)
Macaroons: Cocoa & Fig 
Emergency Kit: Pinch Provisions
Boxes: Michaels (similar ones on Amazon!)
Glitter Name Tags: Sugar Paper LA for Target
Box Filler / Twine / Greenery: Michaels
Cards: Target (Dollar section!)

1 comment:

stevenjared0853 said...

These are really wonderful ideas of bridesmaid’s boxes. Last month, I arranged bridesmaid luncheon party at one of exemplary wedding venues NYC. Made DIY invitations for this party and we all enjoyed this party very much.